Minimal quilting on The Splendid Sampler Block 6 Focal Point so that the piecing stands out. I was trying to highlight the arrows, but I think each person sees something different when looking at this block.
I only marked the border and didn’t stick to my plan of quilting this. I changed my mind when I put it on the machine. Here’s my drawing of what I had planned on quilting.
I free motioned with the open toe foot on my Juki F600. I will post about my quilting set up in another post.
Here’s my order of quilting on this one:
- Stitched in the ditch around the center square of four triangles, the arrow points.
- Straight line quilted each of the arrow points and then broke thread.
- Stitched in the ditch around the outside of the star.
- Stitched the straight lines in the corner ends of the arrows and in the ditch around them.
- Quilted the borders to travel to the next corner
- Stitched in the ditch between the block and the border
I have been using backing fabrics that match the front colors of the blocks. In a future post I will show how to trim each of the blocks and start laying out the blocks to try to decide how to connect them.
Until next time!