My favorite block to quilt so far! This block was a breeze to piece so I decided to spend a little more time on the quilting. Here’s what I did:
- Feathers in the green square stitching the center straight line and the ditches around the inside and outside of the square first. I had to break thread a couple of times, but it was worth it. I also used my marking pencilt to draw in the feathers. Feathers are not something I do often, and going around the small square took some special curving of the feathers to fill the space
- Straight lines in the triangles around the square. I marked the center point and then midway between to get uniformly spaced lines
- Stitch in the ditch around the block
- Stitch the same border as the rest of the blocks
- The smallest center square was left unquilted
Love the back!
Until Next Time!