Fun paper piecing! This one did take a bit of effort. I have paper pieced before, but this one was a bit tougher than some of the others I have done. It was worth the effort though. You can get the pattern at The Splendid Sampler.
Here’s how I quilted it:
- Stitched in the ditch on each piece of the dress, needle, and spool of thread
- Stitched a zig zag design on the spool of thread
- Stippling to fill the background of the blocks
- Stitch the border design like the other blocks
- Hand stitched the thread in the needle using two strands of embroidery floss not going through to the backside of the block.
The stitching on the back shows nicely on the blue.
Until Next Time!