The pattern for this block can be found at The Splendid Sampler. I chose the colors for this one based on the Benartex Fossil Fern fat quarter that I wanted to use. It is a very bright block.
I decided to use my ruler quilting foot, but without the rulers. The foot lets you keep the echoes consistent without marking anything. You just line up the edge of the foot with the line you want to echo for 1/4 inch echoes. I did break thread a few times on this one.
Here’s how I quilted it:
- Stitched in the ditch around the multicolored triangles.
- Echoed the multicolored triangles moving from the outside to the inside. (This is where I broke thread two times.)
- Echoed the diagonal of the blue triangles.
- Stitched in the ditch around the block in between the block and the border as I moved from one section to another.
- Starting from the center on each of the orange squares, stitched circular echoes moving outward to the edges.
- Stitch the border design like the other blocks.
The back highlights the bright multicolored Fossil Fern fabric.
Until Next Time!