The traditional pincushion! You can get your pattern at The Splendid Sampler.
I used the No Sewing Until You Quilt It technique to put this block together. I used the same technique on Block 38 – Vintage Flower Basket and explained it there in more detail. I did not piece the four patch background; I appliqued the whole block.
Here’s how I quilted it:
- Satin stitched the tomato and stitched the curved lines on it.
- Straight stitched the seams of the four patch.
- Blanket stitched the strawberry.
- Stitched the lines for the pins and connecting the strawberry to the tomato.
- Stitched down the pin heads.
- Stitched between the block and border.
- Stitch the border design like the other blocks.
Until Next Time!
*Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links to Craftsy. If you use the link to purchase Craftsy items I will receive some compensation. It will not cost you any more if you use my links. I became a Craftsy affiliate because I love their classes and use their products.
*Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links to Patterns for Pirates and/or Love Notions. If you use the link to purchase Patterns for Pirates and/or Love Notions items I will receive some compensation. It will not cost you any more if you use my links. I became a Patterns for Pirates and Love Notions affiliates because I love and use their products.
*Quilt It Now! is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, anaffiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.