Lot’s of triangles in this block: snowballs, flying geese, half square triangles. I love the geometric look of this block. You can get the pattern over at The Splendid Sampler.
I used both of my ruler quilting foot and my open toe quilting foot to complete the quilting on this block. Here’s how I quilted it:
- Stitch Poinsettia in the center square.
- Stitch Pebbles in the purple blue star.
- Stitch in the ditch around the center square, the star, and the flying geese.
- Stitch the straight diagonal lines in the trapezoid darker blue shapes using the ruler foot as a guide to keep the lines consistent.
- Stitch the border design like the other blocks.
It turned out to be a densely quilted block, but I like the effect.
Until Next Time!
*Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links to Craftsy. If you use the link to purchase Craftsy items I will receive some compensation. It will not cost you any more if you use my links. I became a Craftsy affiliate because I love their classes and use their products.
*Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links to Patterns for Pirates and/or Love Notions. If you use the link to purchase Patterns for Pirates and/or Love Notions items I will receive some compensation. It will not cost you any more if you use my links. I became a Patterns for Pirates and Love Notions affiliates because I love and use their products.
*Quilt It Now! is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.