Happy New Year! It has been over a month since I last posted here. With the holidays I ran out of time getting everything done. But I have been busy quilting and crafting. Sorry for the delay!
This block was a good one to practice piecing the circular shapes. You can get the pattern over at the Splendid Sampler or you can preorder the book. Just a reminder that the patterns will only be available for free for two weeks after the Sampler finishes.
Here’s how I quilted it using my ruler foot:
- Stitch in the ditch around the circle and across the the center line
- Echo outside the circle and inside the square block edge using the foot as a guide
- Echo inside the solid half of the circle using my half inch guide like the one used in the Rail Fence post
- Stitch in the ditch for the stripes in the lower circle
- Stitch diagonal lines across the stripes to form triangles
- Stitch squiggly lines in every other triangle
- Stitch the border design like the other blocks.
The back clearly shows the quilting.
Until Next Time!
*Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links to Craftsy. If you use the link to purchase Craftsy items I will receive some compensation. It will not cost you any more if you use my links. I became a Craftsy affiliate because I love their classes and use their products.
*Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links to Patterns for Pirates and/or Love Notions. If you use the link to purchase Patterns for Pirates and/or Love Notions items I will receive some compensation. It will not cost you any more if you use my links. I became a Patterns for Pirates and Love Notions affiliates because I love and use their products.
*Quilt It Now! is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.