This was a fun combination of piecing and applique. I made a bias tape for the handle and appliqued it to the pieced block during the quilting process.You can get the pattern over at the Splendid Sampler or you can preorder the book. Just a reminder that the patterns will only be available for free for two weeks after the Sampler finishes.
Here’s how I quilted it:
- Stitch the handle on using a straight stitch.
- Stitch around the outside of the handle.
- Stitch in the ditch around the basket and along the triangles of the corners.
- Stitch diagonal lines from each of the points of the base of the basket to the middle top of the basket.
- Stitch the border design like the other blocks.
I love the green in the fabric on the back!
Until Next Time!
*Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links to Craftsy. If you use the link to purchase Craftsy items I will receive some compensation. It will not cost you any more if you use my links. I became a Craftsy affiliate because I love their classes and use their products.
*Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links to Patterns for Pirates and/or Love Notions. If you use the link to purchase Patterns for Pirates and/or Love Notions items I will receive some compensation. It will not cost you any more if you use my links. I became a Patterns for Pirates and Love Notions affiliates because I love and use their products.
*Quilt It Now! is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.